Halloween is just a few days away and if you’re anything like us, it’s crunch time to come up with something original, fabulous, and glamorous. Something that will get you noticed without breaking the bank or taking forever to achieve (not to mention undo at the end of the night). Whether you’re hitting the streets for candy or making an entrance at an invite-only soirée, we’ve got an iconic, underdone look that’s just as striking as it is simple.
What’s not to love about Twiggy? The British bombshell took the world by storm in the sixties, famously gracing Andy Warhol’s colorful canvas and lighting up international covers of ‘Vogue’ practically overnight. 50 years later, her wide-eyed, tiny-framed reputation still stands strong, and we’re here to help you reinvent her iconic look in a few super easy steps (and a pictorial of our founder, Dana Rae, so you can follow along in a pinch).
- Apply your everyday foundation and concealer.
- Groom and brush out your brows.
- Add a few faux freckles with any brown pencil.
- Apply a smear of peach lip gloss.
- Dust your cheeks with a warm blush.
- Cover your lids with a nude (or white) shadow.
- Using Primary Pencil, add a smudged line to your crease, mapping out where your liquid liner will go next.
- Apply Cat Eye 101 over the pencil to boldly define the line.
- Apply Cat Eye 101 along your upper lash line, angling downwards (opposite of your usual upward winged cat eye) as you reach the end.
- Apply small, downward strokes across your lower lash line to achieve the exaggerated, wide-eyed look.
- Finish the look with No Mess’Cara, volumizing both top and bottom lashes for even wider looking eyes.
“I used to do my own makeup. I used to have this doll that had those big eyelashes on the top and bottom, and I think I copied her when I was doing my eyes, putting false eyelashes on the bottom as well as the top. So I came up with that look myself.”